A Second Life!

A SECOND LIFE

In February 2017, on self-examination, I felt a node in my left breast. When on further examination (FNAC test) it was confirmed to be a malignant one, the life at first instance seemed to be e topsy-turvy to me but as I believe, “When God gives challenges in life, he also gives us the strength to face these odds.”

I have two sons. During the gestation period of both of them, I had gone through various health issues for several months but all the adverse situations culminating in a very positive note … two wonderful gifts of nature. I related this situation to my gestation period and took things in a very positive way. I told myself, “Now it’s my turn to rejuvenate and recreate myself.” This attitude gave me the strength to face the lengthy process of treatment right from surgery to 16 sessions of chemo and 31 rounds of radiation.

Strong willpower, an optimistic and hopeful attitude towards the situation, and the unending cooperation of my family members, friend’s ,co-workers, and especially my husband, helped me to cope up with the nightmare, I had been facing. Long chemo sessions of 6 months were like roller coasters ride, many a time impairing my positive spirits but my involvement in my hobbies, ( to which I was almost unable to give time after my marriage) like painting, reading inspirational books, singing, etc. revived my spirits thus bringing out the talents once again and helped me a lot in overcoming the fears of treatment. I always thought the big C in my body to be a situation than a disease. I knew the circumstances would change one day . This perception helped me to be a fighter rather than a victim of the disease.

In the entire journey, Almighty had a big hand on me. Secondly, the team of doctors was Bhagwan ka roop on earth. Post-trauma, I have metamorphosed into an emotionally and mentally strong and spiritually more devoted human being. In a nutshell, I am a better version of myself today. Recreating myself, I have learned to enjoy every moment of my life ignoring the trivial matters, and learned to live a peaceful and mirthful life ahead.

A word to my warrior friends –

• If you can combat cancer, you are capable to fight through all the rigors of life.
  • Secondly, as women folks, we must give attention and time to our physical, emotional, and mental health, howsoever busy we are in our professions, kids, and families.

This extension of life is an invaluable gift of God, we must live it to its best.

9 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing your story :pray:t2: .
Its truly inspiring :heart:

1 Like

You are a warrior …you faced it bravely and came out… truly inspiring for all

2 Likes
Copyright © 2021 Avanti Cancer Care. All rights reserved.