Cancer at 26 ... Really?

I usually don’t express my sufferings to others. To me, it’s something very personal. Unless you have not experienced it, you cannot achieve personal growth and higher consciousness. Still, I am sharing my short journey to give hope to others.

In the mid of the year 2016, I began to feel ill, constantly losing weight, feeling fatigued, and short of breath. I thought this might be due to a lack of nutritional diet, but it soon became apparent that it was something more than what I had thought. On Sep’16, 2016, I was diagnosed with ALL in b cells at the age of 26.

A journey full of helplessness, anger, depression, anxiety, and on top of that a hope for survival. At first, I felt so angry that I was too young to die taking it straightaway like a death sentence . But later on, I slowly adapted to the new phase that came along.

Soon after my diagnosis, I went through many rounds of chemotherapy, radiation, intrathecal. At one time I spent 2 months in a hospital bed fighting to stay alive. I got ear infections multiple times, pancreatitis. Chemo completely wiped out my immune system that I wasn’t even able to fight off a very mild common flu. But all these days/ years I never thought it was cancer and yes did not take it very seriously. I took it as common flu and fever and somehow this helped me in my coping mechanism – don’t really know why but it did work :blush:.

The steroids I took made me gain weight. I am still unsure why I was asked to take steroids. There were fatty tissues on my face and I used to feel embarrassed to show my face to the public. Having a balloon face with a skinny body was way more humiliating than being bald. I pulled up that bald look very gracefully though and I do take pride in that.

My treatment went on for 4 long years. I was tired physically and mentally. Nonetheless, I never left HOPE . All I wanted was a normal life to live. Everything I deal with to this day is because I choose to SURVIVE , to LIVE, without overthinking why this thing happened to me.

Now I live a very healthy and prosperous life and give utmost priority to my health.

As they say, health is not valued till sickness comes.

4 Likes

It’s so wonderful to hear you :heart_eyes:. Who else knows it better than someone who has been through this journey !!

Great to see you leading a prosperous life . Sending across lot of best wishes and healing hugs :hugs:

Always important to stay healthy, stay happy, Chin up, & move on!:heart:

Copyright © 2021 Avanti Cancer Care. All rights reserved.